This last spring a small group of junior and seniors high school group from the Youth Ministry of Asbury United Methodist Church in Tulsa, OK raised over $700 for India Gospel Foundation orphanage. They caught the vision of helping the orpahns with school supplies while attending thefirst annual IGF conference held in Tulsa, Oklahoma in November of 2008. A couple of the girls attended the meeting with a leader.
At first they had thought of collecting paper, pencils and crayons through donation and shipping the supplies to India. After realizing the risk of items never arriving and the cost associated with the shipping the girls decided to raise the funds through a yard sale. They wisely thought that the orphanage could get the supplies much cheaper in India.
BECOME A PARTNER
Subscribe to our Newsletter
MAKE A PAYPAL DONATION
- Corrected: FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived
- U.S. may boost Syria rebels if Assad won't talk peace
- Zuma implicated in S.Africa wedding plane scandal